Thursday, November 20, 2008

So much to tell


What a whirlwind of a week. I don't even know where to begin. I left last Thursday for Newport, RI and NYC to celebrate a friend's engagement and my birthday, and what started as a rocky beginning left me with an hysterical story. It's kind of long, so I figured I would break it into "scenes" to give a break because boy oh boy was it a long couple of days. Ha!

Scene 1: The Catalyst Thursday, November 13. My Blackberry, which many of you know is my "baby" or as I have dubbed it, "my pet rock" is sadly the center of my world. As a publicist (aka Social Butterfly with a knack for overcommitment and a "mild" case of ADD) , leaving home without it is what I compare to a mother losing her child in a mall. Ok, perhaps not quite the comparison that some would expect, and most would roll their eyes about, but that's just how it is.

Anyhow, upon waking for a REALLY early conference call, I learned that my poor baby had developed a virus --Sniffle-- So like any caring and neurotic mother I SPRINTED to the repair center where after a little finagling I was able to jump to the front of the line hoping for a little TLC for my little one. While waiting for the results, I discovered, that I had been focusing on my flight ARRIVAL time rather than my departure time, and had minutes to leave for the airport or I would miss my flight. Talk about a nail biter.

Alas, I discovered that the little one was not repairable, but not as a result of poor parenting --Yippee-- and so I was given a shiny new replacement and was sent on my way to NYC. Or so I thought . . .

Scene 2: Why Procrastors NEVER Win

No comments: