Friday, November 13, 2009

Alcohol Kills Germs

In light of it being flu season (booooo), and Pittsburgh's Whiskey Festival (yaaaaay!), I posted a link yesterday on my Facebook page about an all natural shot of Nyquil from that I found on one of my favorite blogs www.urbanhonking.com. In response to this post, my good friend Reshma sent me this recipe for a Hot Toddy. Enjoy!

Alana, this reminds me of my invention for a hot toddy recipe (which could be good as an easy to make winter drink for those partygoers who are under the weather and not wanting to drink a regular full-alc dehydrating cocktail but too proud to admit it).

I invented this 5 years ago when I spent a 30 below 0 winter in Minneapolis during fellowship. I swear by this stuff when I am sick. Great for sore throat, cough, fever. Works better than anything I could prescribe myself and best of all no buzz!

Reshma's Hot Toddy

1 shot Remy Martin VSOP or other good cognac
Juice of 1/2 lime (not lemon!)
1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
1-2 tsp honey
5-6 mint leaves, torn
Boiling water

Muddle ginger, mint and lime juice at bottom of tall coffee cup. Add cognac and muddle some more, then honey. Fill to top with boiling water, stir, let steep a few min and enjoy.

No comments: