Thursday, November 12, 2009

Fashion Rocks

I am a HUGE fan of dressing up, especially for theme parties!!! I saw this tee today by Wildfox entitled "Math Sucks" and it immediately reminded me of my lovely disposition in 9th grade when I was trying to push EVERY limit to the max . . . especially with my taste in music (ahem Bad Religion, Bad Brains, and Liz Phair)
Concert Outfit
Concert Outfit by firestarter412 featuring Tibi


And so my love of dressing for concerts began. . .

Gone are the days of digging in thrift stores for a perfect pair of vintage Levi jeans (though I'm sure they will be coming back in style any day now). Nowadays I have this little thing called "work" and in order for me to get from my desk to stage front, I have to get creative.

This Tibi skirt is PERFECT for day to night. The brocade finish when paired with opaque Wolford stockings, a pair of booties (sorry Doc Martins are not something I see myself rocking this time around) and a simple black cashmere sweater (to cover up the graphic tee) is conservative which is perfect for my daytime routine. But come 6 o'clock when I'm ready to let loose and embrace my inner Lady Gaga, the addition of a classic motorcycle jacket and of course a flask (why is there NEVER a bar near the stage???) and I'm ready to roll.

No comments: